: Howell and Jeanette Smith and family
November 14, 2003
The Smith Library Glen is located in the grounds adjacent to the Williams Library Discovery Center and the original Lowrey Lower School building. It is designed to offer students a beautiful environment of trees, colorful plants, reading nooks, gentle shades, open green spaces, and performance vistas. In the evenings, it will be lighted. The Glen is designed to invite students and the community to activities such as storytelling, small group meetings, musical performances, individual reading class gatherings, speakers and other productions.
- Lewis Carroll, from "Jabberwocky"
- Maya Angelou, from I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- Elie Wiesel, from Night
- E.B. White, from Charlotte's Web
- Thomas Jefferson, from an 1815 letter to John Adams
- Ecclesiastes 3:1
- Antoine de Saint- Exupéry, from Le Petit Prince